Wednesday, September 4, 2013
A year ago I posted some of the humorous lines I had heard Z say when he was 4 years old. If you didn't see it you should check it out. We all got tons of laughs from the goofy perspective of our preschooler. He kept us laughing this year as well. I wish I could remember all of the funny moments, but at least I had some of them posted on Facebook which helps.
1. I told the kids they had to watch something educational (something they hear me say a lot). Then I thought I heard Z say "how about something rectal" I knew that couldn't be right so I asked "something what?" and he repeated himself "rectal" I just stared in shock and confusion. He further explained,"Something Wreck-it-al, you know, like, Wreck It Ralph". Although I like how he cleverly combined his favorite movie and the word "educational" it just didn't work.
2. Conversation on the way to school.
Me: Zion, do you think you would be interested in learning spanish?
Zion: Well, I already know one language.
Me: Yeah, what is that?
Me: Talking is a verb it's not your language. Do you know what language you speak?
Me: No. What language do Americans speak?
Me: Closer. It's English. We speak English.
Zion: Oh. Never heard of it.
"When I was two and I was deaf I didn't follow directions either".
Half of that is true.
4. Another misconception of what it means to be deaf was when Ezie had a dirty diaper and Z said "at least it doesn't bother SJ because she can't smell since she is deaf"
5. Z had been wanting a "cap like daddy". He really wanted a blue cap specifically. So when he found this hat he knew it was the one because it is blue and says "cap" on it.
Eventually I told him the truth about it being the letter "G" and spelling Gap. From that point on he called his hat a Gap and will say things like "I think I'll wear my Gap today".
Me: "Z, did you know uncle Brandon posted your video on the internet?"
7. This next conversation happened in the car and was in reference to Z's keen sense of direction.
J: Z, in 10 years I don’t know if I’m going to be able to hold a candle to you.
Me: I don’t know if I’ll be able to hold a candle to you in a year.
Z- Well in 3 months you are both going to be lighting a candle on my cake and giving me a card because that is when my birthday is.
Z- Mom, cars are expensive right?
Z- and important?
Z- I'm going to get one when I'm 20.
Me- Sounds good.
Thanks for laughs little man!