1. I wanted to take the pregnancy test February 14th, but was afraid that the results would be negative and that would have put a big damper on my valentine's day so I opted for February 15th instead.
2. I took the test and had my husband be the one to see the results. So this time he got to announce to me that I was pregnant. It was really special.
3. The due date is October 10th.
4. If I had to bet on the arrival date I would pick October 5th because both of my kids were born early in the a.m. exactly 5 days before their due date.
5. Speaking of the #5, this year we become a family of 5, my son turns 5, and this baby will be the 5th grandchild for my parents.
6. As an avid supporter of home births for low risk pregnancies, and having both of my children out of the hospital, I was shocked to find out that midwifery is illegal in the state of Kentucky. More on this later.
7. It's a long story, but I found a wonderful CNM that delivers at a women's center in Lexington. This seems to be the closest alternative to a home birth . The problem is that Lexington is just over an hour away, but I am so passionate about my birthing options that I am willing to do whatever it takes.
8. Right now the baby is the size of peach.
9. I am feeling good, but I have definitely struggled with insomnia and nausea.
10. I just started showing. I'm not big enough for maternity clothes, but those that know me have noticed my baby bump.