Monday, November 8, 2010
It's been a dream of mine to renew our vows for our 10 year anniversary and on Saturday we did it. We actually pulled it off. The whole event was such a success, but it was definitely a team effort. I called it the dream team! I can’t help, but give a humongous thank you and publicly acknowledge this group, whether they read this blog or not.
1. First off my friend Hannah not only loaned me her wedding dress, but she was our photographer. She is amazing and I know the photos are going to be priceless. She even sent me a little sample of what's to come!
2. We have been going to the Lighthouse church since we got married in 2000, so it was such a gift to have our pastor officiate the ceremony. He has been an important friend and support to us over the past 10 years .
3. Richard and Vicki are a couple that have connected with all of us that are a part of our coffee bar ministry and they are the best. Vicki played solo violin during the ceremony. She felt led to play Celtic music, which just happened to be the theme of our first wedding. It was beautiful.
4. The ceremony took place in the horse field at my in laws. It is a serene and peaceful place out in the country and I got an itch to have a ceremony there a long time ago. It would not have been possible without mom and dad B.
5. My sister in law Brenda is the most amazing chef. Not only did she provide all of the meat for the reception, but she was a huge help in being the caterer. The rest of the family also pulled together to make a great meal for this party of 35.
6. My parents were like little elves that scurried around taking care of endless duties on my long task list. Food, balloons, kiddo control, they were on it. I am so grateful for them.
7. My friend Melissa makes THE BEST DESSERTS I have ever tasted in my life and she made me a two tiered chocolate mousse wedding cake with raspberry filling. She is gifted that’s all I can say.
8. Hannah and Melissa get to be on this list twice because along with my pal Crystal they helped make the invitations.
9. The flower girl from our original wedding helped walk Z and SJ out at the beginning of the ceremony. It's weird that she is a teenager now and we have a son the age that she was when we got married.
10. Lastly I have to say thank you to my husband. Without him there would be no celebration. He went along with this whole crazy idea and helped create just one more precious day that I will never forget! Can't wait to see what the next 10 years with him will bring.
This post is linked up with Oh Amanda's Top Ten Tuesday.